Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm no longer in my 20s...today is my 30th Birthday and I am so excited! My Birthday is one of my very favorite holidays. I always get asked if I'm nervous about getting old. Personally, I don't think 30 is old. When my mother turned 60, I realized that SIXTY isn't old. :) I guess it's all a matter of perspective. At some point many years ago, I'm sure I thought 30 was old.

Today's card is another Birthday card-one that I created with my club members this month. It uses the baby wipe technique, a technique that I had never tried until I started planning for this card. I had some extra ink refillers laying around my scrap room from a Christmas class I'd taught, so I thought it would be fun to try. This technique is SO easy! I love the end result. If you haven't tried it before, you must! Simply squirt random drops of ink refiller on a baby wipe (place it on a foam plate to keep it from seeping through). Using another ink color, repeat the process to fill in the white area of the baby wipe. You can add as many colors as you want. Then press your stamp onto the wipe (this is your ink pad) and stamp the image on your card stock! So EASY!



2 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Pretty birthday card! If only I was 30 again (smile). Have a wonderful day!

Carla said...

Happy, happy belated Birthday!!! I hope is a special day for you!!!! Hugs,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...