Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

Sorry for the lack of project posts the last few days. We've had a blizzard blow through Tulsa, so I've been busy keeping warm, snuggling with Simon and drinking hot chocolate while I grow tired of my movie selections. :)


Mike had to go to Texas for the week for work, so it's been different being snowed in, not having him here. It's a whole new meaning for preparing for a blizzard when you are the only one responsible for making sure your house doesn't fall apart (i.e. open cabinet doors, run faucet, etc etc).


My yard got hit with 9-10" of snow in the places that don't have drifts. Many of the drifts are up 3-4 feet. The drift on my front porch is easily 3-4 feet and I can't open my door to get out. That's alright. I couldn't drive anywhere even if I wanted. There is 18" of snow all the way from my garage door to the street. FUN!


Work has been canceled, so I've stayed in my PJs each day, watched countless movies/TV and stayed close to the internet for my only hope of life on the outside. :) Surprisingly, I haven't done a single thing in my craft room. Crazy, I know. UPS was supposed to deliver a large box of my goodies on Tuesday, but the tracker says "Inclement Weather Advisory," so I won't be getting it any time soon. Boo.


Here are a few pictures of my front yard. Hope you are keeping warm and stamping your hearts out.




2 comments:

Carla said...

Oh, I relate to those pics... we got nailed her in Central Il too. Whew. Haven't gotten out yet for any pics. Hugs,

Donna Heber said...

Wow! Look at that snowbank. We didn't get as much snow as they predicted here since it turned over to sleet. Keep warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...