Thursday, March 24, 2016

East to the West

Pastor Steve used Psalm 103:12 in his message Sunday and when I originally heard the scripture, I thought about doing a journal entry using a compass ("As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.") My mind wandered over the past couple of days, and when I finally sat down to journal the scripture I changed my mind and decided to use a globe instead of the compass.

This was my first experience with oil pastels. It was quite fun and I really enjoyed using this medium instead of the colored pencils for this entry. I always start my entry with a pencil outline, which was no different for this one.



I then started with my lightest green oil pastel and made marks over the images and used an applicator to blend the color into the image. After the lightest green, I added a darker green and blended, and continued doing this until I was happy with the coloring. Then I moved to the blues for the water. I outlined the globe and the continents with a black colored pencil, and used my trusty Micron 08 for the lettering.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...