Saturday, March 26, 2016

Breakfast with the Bunny

One of the things that I do working at the Tulsa Zoo is organize events. Mostly private events like weddings, company picnics, proms, etc, but a few times throughout the year my team puts together a ticketed event, such as Breakfast with the Bunny. This was the second year for the event and we ended up selling out the first session three weeks early and added a second session, which also ended up selling out!

A large part of this event revolves around photos with the Easter Bunny. This year we opted for a garden theme, including life size carrots, a windmill, and a real garden. Nicolas and I worked all week to build the windmill, Karen and I created the life size carrots, and with the help of our horticulture department, we successfully created a real garden for the display. It was a lot of work, but I was very pleased with the end result. I love a good challenge, and this display certainly had its challenges to work through. :)



To facilitate seating, we pre-assign tables for the guests. I always enjoy creating something cute that correlates with the theme of the event. I opted for round table number markers pulling the green and orange from the garden theme and adding little punch art bunnies. The bunnies are made from a few retired Stampin' Up! punches, but you could certainly substitute for something comparable. For these I used a small oval, small circle, and a flower petal for the ears.



Overall, it was a great day and we had an awesome turn out. The guests seemed to enjoy it and I'm so proud of my team for putting together an awesome event for zoo guests!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...