Saturday, February 20, 2016

Power of Your Words

I've found so much inspiration for Bible Journaling online-Pinterest mostly--there's just SO many impressive pages out there. Back when I first started stamping, I was overwhelmed with where to begin. I didn't feel like I had the creative capacity to come up with something good on my own. I'm so thankful for a stamping community where pulling inspiration from other people was (and still is) so strongly encouraged. I probably would've quit long ago if I hadn't had the silent permission from other stampers to copy ideas. The one thing that I DID learn right away is that it's okay to copy someone's idea--just make sure to give them credit for it. That's what the stamping community calls CASEing (Copy And Share Everything).

All that to say, I couldn't help but feel inspired and a little overwhelmed when I first started researching Bible Journaling. There were so many talented people with amazing work. But, after 7 years as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I feel like my creativity has grown enough that I knew I could come up with my first Bible Journaling page on my own. I was glad I gave myself the challenge, because I'm really pleased with the end result.

My Pastor did a message series on the "Power of Your Words." I wrote something in my regular Bible that he said in his message and it's always stayed with me: Words kill, words bring life; they're either poison or fruit-you choose!" This stemmed from the scripture Proverbs 18:21. When I came across it again when trying to decide what to make my first Bible Journaling entry, I knew that was what I wanted to use.

I decided I wanted pictures to represent the main words in the quote and then googled images of those items that represented what I had in my mind and used them for inspiration for my entry.

I started with a simple pencil outline drawing my interpretation of the images (not Bible Journal entries-just pictures of items), then traced over the pencil with a Micron 8 pen. After that I added color with my Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I am very pleased with the durability of the Bible pages. I erased a LOT and felt like the pages held up pretty well for the amount of erasing that I did. I was worried about that when trying to pick a Bible. :)

Here she is in all her glory. Pretty proud of it, especially being my very first entry!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...