Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Christ Set Us Free

There are so many wonderful scriptures that talk about our freedom in Christ, the chains being broken from our lives through Christ, and Christ setting us free. Every time I hear those scriptures I imagine handcuffs or chains literally falling away from me. I opted for a set of handcuffs for this entry and toyed with several ideas on how I wanted to incorporate them into the page and ultimately settled for just a simple pair of handcuffs. Christ's love for us is simple yet awe-inspiring.

I always draw my entries in pencil first giving myself the freedom to erase, start over, draw, and erase some more. Once I'm happy with the pencil outline, I move to more permanent overlays.

I chose the banner for the word "FREE," as I can just imagine the word flying in the freedom of the wind and thought it was a good representation for the word. I used my trusty Micron 08 pen for the black outline, and my Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write markers to add the color (Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Hello Honey, Sahara Sand). You can see the darker blue on the backside of the page, but the lighter colors do not show through.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...