Monday, February 22, 2016

Blessed is she...

During the time I was waiting for my new Journal Bible to arrive, I came across this scripture and it really stayed with me. I wrote it down in my journal and saved the scripture as the screen saver on my phone to remind me every day. "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45 I read it at just the right time in my life--the Lord always knows what we need.

To create this page, I penciled in the lettering and then went over them again with my Micron 08 black pen. I love this marker because it doesn't bleed through the thin Bible pages. I have been using these pens (in many colors) in my other Bible for a long time for this very reason! For the colored background, I drew inspiration and the technique from Artsy Faith (though I have used the masking technique in my Stampin' Up! classes for years). I loved her color combo too and knew immediately when I saw it that I wanted to use it for this entry (and the "Lord" stamp she used, though I free-handed mine).

Simply take some Post-It notes and mask off the area that you want to color in. I then used Stampin' Up!'s Lucky Limeade (retired) and Pool Party ink pads and a sponge to fill in the color shading of my scripture and journaling. Then pull away the Post-Its to reveal a beautiful outlined image with prefect, crisp lines! Easy peasy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...