Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Create a Clean Heart

Pastor Steve preached about repentance Sunday and spent a lot of time talking about David and Psalm 51. This Psalm has been one of my go-to scriptures throughout the years, and has always meant so much to me. I knew immediately as I sat in service Sunday that I wanted to journal this scripture and this is the image that kept coming to mind as I thought about the scripture.



I know that "Break my heart for what breaks Yours" isn't part of this scripture text, but it's always a prayer that I've prayed coinciding with this scripture, so I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my page. I'm glad I did...I like the page with both hearts. It's very clear that David's heart is broken as he cries out to God in desperation to make him whole again. I have been in that state of brokenness before (many times), and this page and the scripture that stemmed its inspiration reminds me from where I've come, and I am thankful. :)

For the hearts, I used my Prismacolor red pencil to color in the image. I then used my Stampin' Up! blender pen to blend the color and make it a richer red. You can see the difference in the first image of just the colored pencil in the top heart and where I've blended it in the second heart.



I then used my Certainly Celery (retired) and Pool Party markers to highlight some of the words with some color.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...