Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trick-or-Treat Candy Jars

I hope you aren't too tired of Halloween projects yet, I told you I had a bunch! :) One final project inspired by Brent Steele's presentation at convention with the Halloween products from the Holiday Mini: Trick or treat jars!

When Brent created a project using the "trick-or-treat" portion of the Spooky Things Decor Elements, he adhered the words and Designer Jewels onto white pumpkins. When I went to our local craft store and saw that they wanted $22 for an artificial pumpkin (!!!) I nearly had a heart attack and decided there must be something less expensive that I could use that would still have the same cute, creative effect...then I thought, "what better project to represent Halloween than candy jars?" so I went back to the glass jar section and picked up 3 glass jars (which were half-off, for a total of $2.50!!).

I went home and adhered the "trick-or-treat" words onto the glass and then transferred portions of the Black Flourish Designer Jewels onto the jars. Putting some colorful Halloween candy into the jars will give them the perfect finish, although our store didn't have Halloween candy out on the shelves yet, when these pictures were taken, but you get the idea. ;)







1 comment:

Deidre Mooney said...

Oh My WoRD! These totally rock!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...