Monday, August 30, 2010

Holiday Mini Sneak Peek Pt. 4

Don't forget, there is a brand new Holiday Mini Catalog coming out this Wednesday! Continuing our sneak peeks from the new catty, today we are breezing right past Halloween and Thanksgiving straight into winter! Brrr, makes me shiver just thinking about it (even though I'm still soaking up sun rays on the beach in Hawaii). ;)

This card features a stamp from the new "Tags Til Christmas" stamp set, in which each of the stamps perfectly coordinates with a punch-I love it! Today's stamp features the stamp coordinating with the 1-3/4" circle punch, which also perfectly coordinates with our Sweet Treat Cups! I have had two boxes of treat cups sitting on my craft table since they first came out in a mini-catalog last year...waiting on the perfect stamp to inspire me. This is the one! I thought it would be perfect for a "snow globe" effect, so I decided to add Dazzling Diamonds to the inside of the cup. Added a few rhinestone accents to jazz it up and viola! A cute little Christmas/snow card!

Funny side story and personal recommendation: While putting this card together, after I had poured in the Dazzling Diamonds and removed the sticky strip adhesive backing, I wanted to line the treat cup up perfectly with the snowman image, so I lifted it above my head to be able to see the light shine through revealing the stamped image, making it easy to line it up before adhering. Do you see where I'm headed here? Sure enough, I dumped that silly treat cup of Dazzling Diamond glitter ALL OVER myself. Glitter in my hair, on my clothes, on my face, on my floor, on my craft table. I was a shimmery MESS! So, note for you: do not lift a cup of glitter over your head for ANY reason unless you are prepared to wear it. ;)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...