Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Waving Good-bye Wednesday

I wasn't completely happy with this card when I first started it. This apricot color is just hideous when trying to match it with anything fresh and exciting....eek. But I just couldn't bring myself to make a card completely out of that color, I had to mix it with something. After about 30 minutes and 4 color combos later, this is what I came up with. :) I'm glad I went with something simple and let the ever-classic Black be the star of the show! Just proves that you can take an un-popular card, mix it with something classic and still have a great end result.

I added a thread of Apricot CS through the buttons to pop the color a little more. Since I don't have the Apricot Appeal marker, I used my Blender Pens and the Apricot Appeal ink to color in the stamped image and highlight the word "fabulous." To add some texture to the card, I ran the Bermuda Bay CS strip through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Texture Embossing Folder.

Waving good-bye to Apricot Appeal and Bermuda Bay. So long, farewell!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...