Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bible Journaling-an Introduction

I discovered something new. I discovered Bible Journaling. Up until a month ago I didn't know it existed. So, I've spent the last month researching and researching and Pinning and Pinning until at last! My brand new journal bible arrived at my door step! For those that are new to Bible Journaling, like me, and don't know what it is: it's another creative outlet in the form of drawing, crafting, creating, being inspired through the Word of God and journaling through what I have now heard called "Art Worship." I love that. Art Worship.

Some of you know I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and previously posted my card making and craft making projects right here on this very blog. Three years ago I finally realized something had to give in my schedule, and the blog was the thing in my life that took a fatal hit. I essentially quit blogging three years ago, though I'm still very active with Stampin' Up! Some of the things I use for Bible Journaling will be Stampin' Up! products, others will not. I'm simply going to use the best medium for the journaling page, the idea, and the preservation of the pages in the Bible.

So, for all of you who have followed my blog and check in on it frequently, or even occasionally, I applaud you! For everyone that is new, welcome!

To get started, what Bible did I end up with? This one right here-and it's currently on sale at Lifeway! Isn't she pretty?


In all of the research I did, everyone made the same recommendation: If you're going to decorate the edges of your Bible, do it first. As you start to create on your pages, they will swell, bunch, gather, etc and it will no longer be easy to color in a flat area on the edges. So, I pondered for a while about what to do on the sides of mine and decided to go with a "Go out into all the world" theme and used Stampin' Up!'s "Let's Get Away" stamp set for inspiration.

I used StazOn black ink to stamp the images, and this photopolymer stamp set made it easy to press the image down firmly onto the page edges. I used a table to press all of the pages tightly together while working. Some of the images needed to be touched up with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to make the black image crisp. Then I slowly added color using my Stampin' Write markers: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, Coastal Cabana, and Tempting Turquoise (some of these are retired).



I was very happy with the end result, and after I finished the edges I was very anxious to crack it open and get started on some things on the inside.

I'll be adding more of my Bible Journaling experience as I set out on this new adventure, so feel free to follow along as we go and ask any questions below. Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...